Present at meeting:
1. Minutes from Meeting of:
2. Additions / Deletions to the Agenda & Public Comment Period
3. Front-End Loader Purchase: This item was tabled at the last meeting until a review of the machines bid for purchase could be reviewed in person by an ad hoc committee. The committee will have completed its review by this meeting, and should have a recommendation for how to proceed.
4. Landfill Fees and Collection System: There are some adjustments which should be made to the fees charged at the landfill for various commodities, and how these fees are collected. The problem is that the Town’s cost for certain commodities is changing, and our rate structure should be adjusted to match these shifts in our costs. Also, when the size and content of a load, such as for demolition debris, is paid for at the town office and then deposited at the landfill, the clerk at the office has to be in agreement with the attendant at the landfill for the size, content, and subsequent cost of a given load. This is not always possible because the clerk takes the person’s word for the size and content of the load, and the container (truck or trailer) hauling the load, while the attendant clearly inspects the entire load. This system causes many discrepancies which frustrate all involved, and typically results in diminished collection of revenue for the Town. In consultation with the clerks, landfill attendants, and PW Foreman, I will have a series of recommendations for the Board’s consideration.
5. Personnel Policy Review: There is a need to review and update the Town’s personnel policy, which (in its current form) was last adopted in 1996 and last amended in 2001. I have suggested to the Board some items which need immediate attention: I intend to have preliminary language for the Board’s review and potential adoption as an amendment at this meeting.
6. Library Trustees: There has been a resignation on the Library Board of Trustees, and the intended amendment to the Library Structure Resolution of the Board (first adopted in October 2005) needs to be completed. I recommend the Board sign a note of acknowledgement and thanks to outgoing Trustee and Chair of the Board Maggie Reilly, and consider language for the amendment to the library structure resolution.
7. Fire Protection Contract Renewal with Piscataquis County: This contract has expired and requires renewal. A draft is attached.
8. Update on Deck the Halls: Attached please find information regarding the upcoming holiday festivities designed and implemented by the volunteer “Deck the Halls” committee. I will contact and invite members of the committee to come to this meeting to offer an update on these matters to the Board, and to be available for any questions, if the Board has any.
9. Snowmobile Grant Program: This annual grant request for snowmobile trail grooming funds to the Maine Department of Conservation requires the Board’s approval and signature.
10. Additions to the Agenda (if any):