Present at meeting:
1. Minutes from Meeting of August 16, 2006:
2. Additions / Deletions to the Agenda & Public Comment Period
3. Town-Owned Property in the Highlands Subdivision: The property owner’s association for this subdivision has requested to re-acquire some of the tax-acquired property in this subdivision. The Association president will again be present to go over this issue, which has appeared previously on the agenda.
4. Police Chief’s Report
5. Liquor License – Stress Free Moose Pub
6. Airport Project Completion Ceremony & Proclamation: During the Fly-In this year, we intend to hold a ceremony regarding the completion of the runway project. This will be done at Telford’s hangar at 11:00 AM Saturday, September 9, 2006. The Board will review and hopefully approve both the ceremony program and a proclamation for the completion of the project. It would be best if one or more members of the Board of Selectmen would be present at this ceremony.
7. Airport Hangar Lease Transfer: A hangar lease previously held by Max Folsom and Mark Gilbert has been sold to James Clair of Harford’s Point. As done in the past, the transfer needs to be confirmed by the Board of Selectmen, and the new lessee will assume the remaining years of the lease, following the same conditions and payment schedule as contained in the original lease.
8. Letter to Airport Hangar Lesees: As per previous discussion with the Board of Selectmen and previous recommendation of the Airport Advisory Committee, I have drafted a letter to go to each new hangar lot lessee on the new hangar development on the east side of runway 21. The letter provides for an additional year to complete construction of a hangar on the leased lot, due to the late start of the runway reconstruction project, which delayed the plans of most hangar lot lessees. Normally, lessees have two years from the execution of the lease to fully construct a hangar. This notice will allow these lessees until the end of the 2007 construction season to complete their projects.
9. Landfill Update: To correct a safety issue and to test a newer piece of equipment which might be leased and/or purchased over time, the Town has leased a new bulldozer at the landfill for a month. This machine will also be used to spread material at the stump dump. We have had a hydro-seed company seed and mulch all disturbed soil at the landfill, including the entire C/DD pile. A total of 320 large bags of litter have been picked up at the backside of the landfill as part of our litter improvement project. A second gravel screen has been secured for the Town’s PW department, freeing up the old screen to be used to sift bank-run material for daily cover at the landfill. We continue to investigate wood grinding and off-site disposal options, as part of our long-term corrective action plan. A second retaining wall and second roll-off dumpster has been secured for C/DD collection at the landfill. The next meeting with the DEP regarding out license is scheduled for 10:00 AM September 13, 2006 in Bangor.
10. Follow-UpFrom Meeting with Piscataquis County Commissioners: The Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet with the Piscataquis County Commissioners Tuesday, September 5, 2006, to discuss the legislative and cost-sharing proposals included in the Board’s June 21, 2006 to the Commissioners. This agenda item is for any action items following this meeting.
11. Executive Session – Craft-Sheridan Scholarships
12. Additions to the Agenda (if any):