Present at meeting:
1. Minutes from Meeting of June 18, 2003:
Motion to Accept:_________________ Second to Motion: ________________________
2. Additions / Deletions to the Agenda
3. Liquor License and Special Entertainment Permit Renewal – Whiskey Cove:
This is a standard renewal – Police Chief Duane Alexander and I both recommend approval.
4. Public Hearing and Liquor License Request – Richard V. Czopek, DBA “Stress Free
Moose, LLC” - 65 Pritham Avenue, Greenville: The new proprietors of the proposed “Stress
Free Moose”, to occupy the site of the former “Village Outpost” on Pritham Avenue, will be present
to answer any questions. Barring any compelling arguments from the public, the Police Chief and I
recommend approval of the license request.
5. Request for Bids – Sale of 1986 Ford Dump Truck & 1967 Maxim Tiller Ladder
Truck: Public Works Foreman Mike Thornton and Fire Chief Mike Drinkwater and I have
worked on these RFPs and will be present to discuss them with the Board.
6. Abatement Request – Richard & Joan LeBlond, 5 Mill Brook Road: Attached
please find the abatement request from Mr. & Mrs. LeBlond of Willington, CT. Although received in
late April, this was one of the requests purposely held out until weather would be such as to allow the
assessors to review the property. Bob Duplissea has reviewed their request and has written his
recommendations for the Board (in your folder). I recommend following the Assessors’ agent’s
7. Appointments to Library Board of Trustees, Recreation Committee, and Zoning
Board of Appeals: there are openings on these aforementioned panels and boards, and we have
been advertising for a few weeks, seeking interested parties. We have had only three interested
parties, one each for each of these openings. Barbara Vincent has expressed interest in serving on the
Recreation Committee. Candy Russell has expressed interest in serving the one-year term on the
Library Board, and Noel Wolforth has expressed interest in serving on the Appeals Board. I
recommend all three appointees for the seats they seek.
8. Update on Lily Bay Road Project:
9. Executive Session – Property Negotiations: I request that the Board enter into
Executive Session to allow discussion for a possible sale or purchase of property which would benefit
10. Pole Permit – North Birch Street: This is to replace a pole on North Birch Street for
combined use by Verizon and CMP. I recommend approval.
11. Additions to the Agenda (if any):