Present at meeting:
1. Minutes from Meetings of December 20, 2006 and January 17, 2007:
2. Additions / Deletions to the Agenda & Public Comment Period
3. Moosehead Development Council Structure and Charge: Following a joint meeting of the former members of the Moosehead Development Council and the Board of Selectmen, a proposed MDC structure and charge from the Board of Selectmen has been developed. I recommend the Board adopt the recommendations of the working group for both the structure and the charge of the MDC. Once the structure and charge are approved, the Board will be able to appoint individuals to this Council.
4. Request for Letter of Support – Hank McPherson's Burnt Jacket Proposal: Hank McPherson is in the process of revising his subdivision plan for the Burnt Jacket area of Beaver Cove. Previously, the Town has supplied two letters to Mr. McPherson, commenting on his proposal. The first was written by the Town Manager, outlining the services provided by the Town of Greenville to Beaver Cove and projected impacts on Greenville for increased demand on these services. The second was a very brief letter signed by the Board of Selectmen, deferring opinion on this development proposal to the Town of Beaver Cove. Mr. McPherson has not re-submitted his plan yet, but is in the process of revising his proposal. He would like a letter of support, or acknowledgement, from the Town of Greenville. Mr. McPherson will be present to answer any questions the Board may have.
5. Memorial Benches: Pete Johnson, Commander of the local American legion post, has brought information to the Town regarding an offer by the Cole Foundation to supply at least one memorial park bench to each and every Maine community which requests one. I recommend the Town work with the American Legion to secure two of these benches for our community.
6. Property Tax Abatement Requests: There are several tax abatement requests to consider – Town Clerk Roxanne Lizotte and Town Manager John Simko will go over these requests with the Board.
7. Recommendations on Solid Waste Management: The ad hoc committee on solid waste management formed by the Board of Selectmen nearly two months ago has completed its review of our current solid waste system and related fees, and has prepared recommendations for how to comprehensively overhaul and update this system. Although one of the recommendations is for the Board of Selectmen to hold a public hearing on these proposed changes at the next Selectmen's Meeting, the Board may want to take the next meeting to review these recommendations further before hosting the public hearing.
8. Additions to the Agenda (if any):