Greenville Selectmen's Meeting
January 17, 2001 6:30 PM
Greenville Municipal Building

1. Minutes from Previous Meetings

2. Renewal of Liquor License for Kelly's Landing

3. Presentation by Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Stephanie Gardner: Our new Chamber of Commerce Director has requested some time on the agenda to share the recent activities and new direction of the Moosehead Lake Region Chamber of Commerce. I recommend the Board listen to Stephanie's presentation, and ask any questions you may have regarding the Chamber.

4. Moosehead Highlands Road Maintenance Property Owners Association: Pageen Ranhosky, President of this association, has asked to be placed on the agenda to address the Board of Selectmen. The association is trying to establish its authority and jurisdiction in maintaining the road system in the Highlands. There is no action being requested here of the Board: this is simply informational.

5. Clarification of Airport Snow Removal Operations: Public Works Foreman Mike Thornton has asked me whether or not his crew should be plowing out the entrance to the private hangars at the airport that are on the upper side of cross-winds runway. I would like to hear how the Board would like this to be done.

6. Airport Maintenance Plan / Work List for 2001: Attached please find a rough list of maintenance items / expenses which would likely make up the airport budget for this coming year. The state is expecting to have funds available for us this coming year for a tree-cutting project: I think we should have funds ready for this. Also, I would like to hear your thoughts on the attached hangar expansion plan. After I receive direction from the Board, I will send this to the Airport Committee for their comments: they will meet at 7:00 PM Thursday, February 8, 2001.

7. Amended Recreational Facilities use Ordinance: As per the request of the Board at the last meeting, I have revised this proposed ordinance to include regulation of dog defecation on specific recreational facilities. Please know that to meet the 45 day public notice requirement, this ordinance draft must be decided at the January 17 meeting.

8. Tax-Increment Financing District Proposals from Moosehead Cedar Log Homes, Eastern Maine Development Corporation: I have sent you schedules prepared by Vickie Burpee at EMDC regarding a 10-year TIF for Moosehead Cedar Log Homes. I recommend that we go with a standard 75% TIF for Moosehead Cedar and any other businesses which grow in the Park from this point forward. The remaining 25% should be included in a limited maintenance & future development fund for the Park to pay for additional infrastructure. I would like to know if this is the direction the Board wants to go in.

9. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday: Currently, the Town of Greenville does not recognize this as a holiday. On the holiday this year (Monday, January 15), the Town Office was open, but could not bank, contact the school, contact any state or federal agency, or send or receive any mail because of the holiday. In discussion with Richard Gould, it seems the Board of Selectmen used to try to mirror the school and state holidays. Due to the inconvenience in doing business when most everyone else is closed, I recommend the Board of Selectmen adopt this holiday for 2002 forward.

10. Tree Growth Penalties: The deadline for compliance with the law for the Tree Growth Program, and in particular its forest management plan requirement, was December 31, 2000. There are a number of properties which failed to have certification of a forest management plan in place by the deadline, and as a reuslt, a penalty will be given. The Board of Assessors should review these penalties.

11. Warrantss

11. Adjourn

Top of Page | Selectmen | Front Page | Print Page
111
Copyright 2000-07, Town of Greenville, All Rights Reserved